|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Members Screenshots|
- MozFBRH 0.8.2 Out!
- MozFBRH 0.8.1 Out!
- MozFBRH 0.8.0 Out!
- Uhm...I'll think of something to put here....really.
- Check out MozFBRH's Extension Room Page!
MozFBRH for Mozilla Firebird
The MozFBRH extension for Mozilla Firebird enhances the navigation toolbar by adding Middle Click/Control+Click/Shift+Click functions to the Back, Forward, Reload, Home, and Throbber Buttons, as well as the Back and Forward history dropdown menus, making the navigation toolbar buttons work much like normal links in the browser window. As of 0.70 it also adds several "multiclick" (aka clicking left and right mouse at the same time) events that allow you to execute other useful functions.Details:
- Middle click or control+click Back, Forward, Home, Reload, Go, or the Throbber to open that button in a new tab.
- Middle click or control+click the Stop button to stop page loading in all tabs.
- Shift+click Back, Forward, Home, Go, or the Throbber to open button in a new window
- "MultiClick" Back to go to the first page in the session history (all the way back) or Forward to go to the last page (most recent) page in the session history.
- Reload in new window functions a little differently since it already uses the shift key for cache/noncache reload. Ctrl+Shift+Middleclick or Multiclick Reload to open it in a new window.
- Back, Forward, Reload, and Go buttons and the Back/Forward dropdown menus will copy the session history into the new
tab or window, allowing you to continue browsing in the new tab or window using the back and forward buttons.
- Supports the Stop/Reload Combined button in Toolbar Enhancements. Middle Click or Control click while it is in "reload" state to reload current page in a new tab (with shift for net reload). Middle Click of Control Click while it is in "stop" state to stop loading in all tabs. Multiclicking this button always triggers reaload in new window, whether it is in "stop" or "reload" state.
- New Tabs opened by the Back button or the Back button dropdowns will open to the left of the current tab and new Tabs opened by the Forward button or Forward dropdowns will open to the right of the current tab.
- Alt+Enter in the Location Bar will open the target URL in a new tab, with session history.
- MozFBRH now also implements inline autocomplete in the Location Bar (it does this using the code from the proposed patch to Bug 203756). To enable it you must add the following to your user.js:
//enable inline autocomplete
There should not be any problems installing new versions of MozFBRH on top of old ones, however the overlays have changed a lot since the last version, so you might want to delete the xul.mfl file in your profile folder after installing the new version.
Known Issues with Current Version
- MozFBRH is current *NOT* compatible *AT ALL* with EZNav. If you wish to use both extensions, if should be possible to have both installed at the same time, but one must be disabled at all times...or very strange things will happen.
- MozFBRH now uses the same overlay method on the Go button as the Digger extension, causing a potential conflict. I was able to resolve this by searching for Digger's functions on the Go button and replacing it with MozFBRH's if it exists. In all of my testing this resolved the issue without impairing the functionality of either extension, but if you have any troubel using MozFBRH and Digger together, please report it.
- There was apparently a problem with the Home button when MozFBRH and Tabbrowser Preferences (TBP) were installed together. This is fixed in the newest version of TBP, available here: Tabbrowser Preferences Homepage
- There are a few TBE (Tabbrowser Extensions) settings that can sometimes interfere with MozFBRH's functionality. If you use MozFBRH with TBE I recommend that you go into TBE's options, advanced section, and uncheck both "Middle Click or Control Click of a History" and "Activate control-click for bookmarks and history with old Mozilla/Netscape."
- Fixed a bug in Location Bar overlay that made it necessary to press enter twice instead of once to load a page from the Location Bar Menu.
- Replaced Observer in Location Bar Autocomplete code with a simple preference check at startup to avoid observer related problems.
- MozFBRH now includes Dorando's Tablib. Opening of tabs to the left or right of the current tab for the back/foward buttons and menus is no longer dependant on TBE or any other extensions. The Tablib code is included, you do not need to install Tablib seperately. See This Forum Thread for more details on Tablib.
- Opening a new tab from the Location Bar with alt+enter now copies the back session history into the new tab.
- MozFBRH now implements Inline Autocomplete in the Location Bar using code from the proposed patch for Bug 203756. It is disabled by default. To enable it, add the following user.js lines:
//enable inline autocomplete
- Fixed the "Go" button to be a bit more intuitive. It now only copies the "back" history into the new tab.
- Fixed the "Go" button creating duplicate session history entries on "go in new tab" if the current Location Bar value is the same as the currently loaded webpage.
- Fixed issue where Back in new tab and Forward in new tab would open a blank tab unless certain other extensions were installed.
- Resolved a minor conflict with AllinOneGestures and possibly other "Gestures" extensions that would cause MozFBRH to wrongly detect a multiclick if any navigation toolbar button was clicked immediately after a mouse gesture was performed. This fix has only been tested with AiO, if you have any problems using MozFBRH with any other Mouse Gestures extensions, please report them.
- Added function: Stop loading in all tabs. Middle clicking the "Stop" button now stops page loading in all tabs in the current window. This was requested awhile back but I forgot about it until just recently.
- Updated support for Toolbar Enhancement's Reload/Stop combination button. Middle click it while it is in "reload" state will reload in a new tab. Middle clicking it while it is in "stop" state stops page loading in all tabs. Multiclicking it however still always behaves as reload in new window.
- Fixed a bug where, after opening a menu, MozFBRH would sometimes mistakenly detect a multiclick when only one mouse button was pressed.
- Sorted out problem with Customize toolbar menu. Customize toolbar menu now shows up properly when you right click Home, Reload Throbber, or any other buttons without context menus, and it should not appear improperly when a button is Multiclicked.
- Added "MultiClick" events to Back, Forward, and Reload Buttons. Currently MultiClicking Home, Go, or Throbber does not do anything. If you have suggestions for functions for this, please let me know.
- All MozFBRH "new tab" functions now obey "browser.tabs.loadInBackground" preference.
- Issue where "Reload in new tab" would reload the most recent page in the session history, rather than the current page should be resolved.
- Added support for Toolbar Enhancement's Stop/Reload Combined button.
- All issues with MozFBRH breaking because a button it was trying to listen to did not exist on any toolbars, should be resolved.
- Fixed and issue where the history dropdown overlays and sometimes other things would not function at all if the 'Go' button was not visible (ie on a toolbar somewhere).
- Added support for back/forward history dropdowns. Middle Click or Control Click a history entry to open it in a new tab (with session history). New tabs from the back dropdowns open to the left of the current tab. Shift+click on a history entry to open it in a new window (also with session history). Should work on both the back/forward dropdown (the arrows on the back/forward button) and the back/forward context menus (right click on back/forward). Additionally it *SHOULD* override TBE's middle click functions on these dropdowns. If you have any trouble using MozFBRH and TBE together, try unchecking "Middle click or control click of a history" in TBE's options under "Advanced."
- Fixed "open in new window" functions so they work when TBE is not installed (I though it was one of mozilla's built-in variables, ok!?).
- Middleclick/Ctrl+click on back now opens a new tab to the left of the current tab, not the right.
- Ctrl+Middleclick on reload button does net reload in new window (see below).
- Added shift key support to refresh button for netreload. Middle click or control click will cache reload in new tab, shift+middle click or shift+ctrl+click will net refresh in new tab.
- Added control+click support for all supported buttons.
- Removed some unneccesarry code.
- Fixed a conflict with TBE's dropdown history functions that caused duplicate tabs to be open, or tabs in the wrong location.
- Added middle click support for "Go" button to open address in URL bar in a new tab, with copied session history. I tested this with Digger and it did not conflict. Please report if you have any problems using Digger and MozFBRH together.
- Changes that did fix theme issues, at least so far.
- Fixed a conflict with TBE
- More changes to attempt to fix theme issues.
- Changes to attempt to fix theme issues.
- Initial release...kind of worked.